The team of physical therapy takes care of all the trauma related problems, orthopedic, neurological, rheumatologic, and postural angiological in collaboration with the specialists physiatrists, orthopedists and rheumatologists of Centro Medico Santagostino.
What does a physiotherapist do?
The physical therapist is a health professional with a degree in physiotherapy and a recovery specialist in case of deficit disorders and movement problems caused by disease or trauma.
When the movements become difficult, painful or impossible to perform, it affects the quality of life and creates a major loss in the autonomy of the person.
The purpose of the physical therapist, in collaboration with other specialists, is to treat these disorders to recover motor function and maintain it over time.
To do this, the physical therapist applies different methods: manual (massage therapy, joint mobilization, spinal manipulation and so on), physical-instrumental (application of various physical factors, such as movement, temperature, water, electricity and so on) , technological (Tecartherapy, now recognized as one of the most effective treatment for various musle and joint diseases).
The therapist follows the patient even after the acute phase, helping to keep the physical comfort reached with treatments and custom exercises.
What does it cure?
Physical therapy can reduce and undo the pain, recover joint mobility and muscle strength, balance and coordination.
- post-operative trauma, strains, sprains, bruises, tendinitis, low back pain (back pain), sciatica, neck pain, painful conditions of the shoulder and other ailments;
- orthopedic dysmorphism as flat foot, varus or valgus knee, scoliosis, affecting the musculoskeletal system;
- neurological diseases such as hemiparesis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and other, which affect the ability of balance and movement ;
- rheumatic diseases such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, connective tissue disease, polymyalgia and other;
- edema, lymphedema, cellulite, accumulation of fluid in the interstitial tissue that causes problems to the lymphatic system and circulation.